Cornelius Francis Xavier Flynn
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 165 lb.
- School St. Xavier College
- High School Xavier Lyceum
- Debut July 17, 1894
- Final Game August 19, 1896
- Born January 23, 1875 in Cincinnati, OH USA
- Died February 10, 1947 in Cincinnati, OH USA
Cornelius "Carney" Flynn pitched nine games in the majors. He also achieved notoriety in the minors when he went 25-9 for the Richmond Blue Birds in 1895. He did not have much success in the majors, however. His career ERA of 11.27 is the highest of anyone who has pitched over 30 innings.
He and Carney Lansford are the only major leaguers through 2010 with the first name Carney (several have the last name Carney) although for Flynn it was an abbreviation of his true first name, "Cornelius", while for Lansford it was his real first name.