Harold James Hunter
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 170 lb.
- School University of Nebraska
- High School Omaha South High School
- Debut July 1, 1971
- Final Game June 1, 1975
- Born August 9, 1947 in Omaha, NE USA
Buddy Hunter managed the Winston-Salem Red Sox in 1980 and 1981. He was considered a legend at pulling the hidden-ball trick in the minors, although his major league career was too brief for him to attempt the play at that level. He taught his techniques to teammate Marty Barrett, who became a master of the rare play at the major league level.
- Bill Nowlin: "Buddy Hunter", in Bill Nowlin and Cecilia Tan, ed.: '75:The Red Sox Team that Saved Baseball, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2015, pp. 169-173. ISBN 978-1-933599-97-7
- Matt Monagan: "The master of the hidden-ball trick: This Red Sox 2B was one of the best to do it, and here's why", mlb.com, July 14, 2021.