Robert Bernard Dillinger
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11½", Weight 170 lb.
- School University of Idaho
- HIgh School Glendale (CA) High School
- Debut April 16, 1946
- Final Game September 28, 1951
- Born September 17, 1918 in Glendale, CA USA
- Died November 7, 2009 in Santa Clarita, CA USA
Bob Dillinger was the Lance Johnson of his day, hitting for a good average, stealing bases, and hitting triples. However, his career lasted only six years. Although he broke into professional baseball in the 1930s, World War II interfered. In 1939, he hit .314 with 67 stolen bases for the Lincoln Links of the Western League.
During the war, in 1945, he played on a service team for the 73rd Wing USAAF in the Pacific. Ferris Fain was also on the team.
- AL All-Star (1949)
- AL Hits Leader (1948)
- 3-time AL Stolen Bases Leader (1947-1949)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (1948)
- 200 Hits Seasons: 1 (1948)