Norman Robert Young
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 2½", Weight 185 lb.
- School Fordham University
- Debut September 26, 1936
- Final Game October 2, 1948
- Born July 1, 1915 in Astoria, NY USA
- Died December 25, 1983 in Everett, MA USA
A 1936 graduate of Fordham University, first baseman Babe Young made his major league debut with the New York Giants later that same year. He returned to the Giants in 1939 and in 1941 had the best year of his career, slugging 25 home runs. He missed three seasons while serving in the Coast Guard during World War II, serving from October 1942 to October 1945. He suffered a leg injury in spring training in 1949 that ended his playing career. Young died of a heart attack at age 68.
- 20 Home Runs Seasons: 1 (1941)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 2 (1940 & 1941)