Alan Lee Knicely
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 194 lb.
- High School Turner Ashby High School
- Debut August 12, 1979
- Final Game October 4, 1986
- Born May 19, 1955 in Harrisonburg, VA USA
Alan Knicely started his minor league career as a pitcher in 1974, but became a catcher. His brother, Harold Knicely, started his career the same year in the same chain (the Houston Astros) ... as a catcher.
Alan had eight years in the big leagues and 12 in the minors. A couple of times he hit 33 home runs in a season in the minors - on both occasions he finished far ahead of the second-best home run hitter on the team. Most of his major league at-bats were with the Cincinnati Reds, and during some of his time with the Reds, Pete Rose was his manager (and teammate).
- 1984 The Sporting News Minor League Player of the Year, Wichita Aeros, American Association
- 1979 Player of the Year Southern League, Columbus Astros
- 1984 MVP American Association, Wichita Aeros