Anthony Andrew DePhillips
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 185 lb.
- School Fordham University
- Debut April 25, 1943
- Final Game September 12, 1943
- Born September 20, 1912 in New York, NY USA
- Died May 5, 1994 in Port Jefferson, NY USA
Tony DePhillips played briefly in the majors, after having been a star at Fordham University (where he is the university's Hall of Fame). He played basketball for the New York Whirlwinds, predecessor of the Knicks, and was in the minors of the New York Yankees organization.
There is a plaque in his honor at John Golden Park in New York City. After his playing days he ran a sporting goods store and started up the first little league in Queens, known appropriately as the DePhillips Athletic League.
Source: NYC Parks Site, John Golden Park.