Thomas George Poholsky
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 205 lb.
- High School Northeastern High School (Detroit)
- Debut April 20, 1950
- Final Game September 11, 1957
- Born August 26, 1929 in Detroit, MI USA
- Died January 6, 2001 in Kirkwood, MO USA
On August 13, 1950, 20-year-old Tom Poholsky and Andy Tomasic of the Jersey City Giants each pitched 22 innings in an International League game as Poholsky's Rochester Red Wings team beat the Giants, 3-2. Poholsky allowed both runs in the 2nd and neither was earned, then tossed 20 straight goose eggs. Poholsky finished the year as the top pitcher in the IL, going 18-6 with a 2.17 ERA. His ERA was almost a point ahead of the #2 man, Clyde King and he led the league in wins and tied for the lead with 5 shutouts.
Poholsky later missed the 1952 and 1953 seasons due to military service during the Korean War.