Steven Michael Engel
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 6' 3", Weight 216 lb.
- School Eastern Kentucky University
- High School Reading (OH) High School
- Debut July 30, 1985
- Final Game October 3, 1985
- Born December 31, 1961 in Cincinnati, OH USA
Steve Engel was one of several pitchers added to the Chicago Cubs rotation in 1985 when the team was beset with injuries. Only one Cubs pitcher was able to pitch more than 25 starts in 1985, and at one point most of the rotation consisted of replacements for the regulars who had started the year in the rotation.
After his year in the majors, Engel pitched in the minors for four other organizations. His lifetime minor league batting average was .275, leading one to wonder whether he might have been a successful position player.