Harry Thomas Pyle
- Bats Unknown, Throws Left
- Height 5' 8", Weight 136 lb.
- Debut October 15, 1884
- Final Game May 13, 1887
- Born November 29, 1861 in Reading, PA USA
- Died December 26, 1908 in Reading, PA USA
Harry "Shadow" Pyle was a pitcher and outfielder in the National League in 1884 and 1887. Unlike pitchers of today, he weighed but 136 lbs.
In the minors he played a couple seasons for Wilmington and a couple with Newark. In 1885 he was tried in court for deserting his wife, but explained that he was pitching in Richmond. The court ordered him to pay his wife $5/week.
In 1908 it was reported that he often attended the games in Reading, where he lived.
- Discovered and recruited by Ed Hengle.