Samuel Bruce Vick
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10½", Weight 163 lb.
- School Millsaps College
- High School Courtland (MS) High School
- Debut September 20, 1917
- Final Game September 24, 1921
- Born April 12, 1895 in Batesville, MS USA
- Died August 17, 1986 in Memphis, TN USA
Sammy Vick was the right fielder for the New York Yankees in 1919. The Yanks then acquired Babe Ruth from the Boston Red Sox, and the Babe played right field in 1920; as a result, Vick's playing time went way down. He was traded to the Red Sox after that season.
He managed in the Cotton States League from 1924 to 1926, first with the Brookhaven Truckers, whom he led to a 43-50, 4th place finish in 1924. He finished the 1925 season as the 4th manager that season of the Laurel Lumberjacks and began the 1926 season managing the same team, but was replaced mid-season.