Lester Alfred Lanning
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 9", Weight 165 lb.
- School Wesleyan University
- Debut June 20, 1916
- Final Game August 5, 1916
- Born May 13, 1895 in Harvard, IL USA
- Died June 13, 1962 in Bristol, CT USA
Red Lanning is the only major league player to ever come out of Wesleyan University (through 2007). He was a two-way player, appearing in 19 games, of which 9 were in the outfield and 6 were as a pitcher.
He was 21 at the time, apparently straight out of Wesleyan, where he had attended from 1913-16, and stood 5 ' 9 " tall.