Ohio Valley Redcoats
- Location: Parkersburg, WV (1993-1998); Road Team (2005; played games in Lorain, OH, Marietta, OH and Lafayette, IN)
- League: Frontier League
- Affiliation: Independent
- Stadium: Bennett Stump Field, Parkersburg, WV (1993-1998); Campana Park, Lorain, OH (2005); Pioneer Park, Marietta, OH (2005); Loeb Stadium, Lafayette, IN (2005)
Founded in 1993, the Ohio Valley Redcoats were charter members of the Independent Frontier League. The Redcoats, who made their home at Bennett Stump Field, were the first Professional Baseball team to play in Parkersburg, WV since the 1931 departure of the Class C Parkersburg Parkers. The Ohio Valley Redcoats were a strong presence in the league beginning with their first season. The Redcoats' .746 win percentage in 1994 remains a Frontier League record. By the late 1990's, the team struggled on the field. The Redcoats held the league's lowest attendance in both 1997 and 1998, and by the beginning of the 1998 season, Parkersburg was the smallest market in the Frontier League.
Following the 1998 season, the Ohio Valley Redcoats left Parkersburg for Huntingburg, IN. The team was subject to a series fo moves over the next several years.
- 1993-1998 Ohio Valley Redcoats- Parkersburg, WV
- 1999-2002 Dubois County Dragons- Huntingburg, IN
- 2003 Kenosha Mammoths- Kenosha, WI
- 2004 Springfield-Ozark Ducks- Ozark, MO
- 2005 Ohio Valley Redcoats- Road Team
In 2005, the team returned to the Redcoats name and operated as a road team within the Frontier League. The Ohio Valley Redcoats divided their 2005 home games between Lorain, OH, Marietta, OH and Lafayette, IN.
Following the 2005 season, the Ohio Valley Redcoats temporarily suspended operations in an effort to find a more permanent home.
Redcoats Alumni in Major League Baseball
Year by Year Record
|1993||29-22||2nd||Lee Mrowicki (13-13)/ Greg LeMaster (16-9)||Lost League Finals|
|1994||50-17||1st||Greg LeMaster||Lost in 1st round|
|1998||26-52||7th||Greg LeMaster (17-28) / Tom Waelchli (9-24)|