Matthew Tyler Herges
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 200 lb.
- School Illinois State University
- High School Centennial High School (Champaign)
- Debut August 3, 1999
- Final Game October 4, 2009
- Born April 1, 1970 in Champaign, IL USA
Matt Herges issued a written apology in February of 2008 for having used performance-enhancing drugs in the past. He said he had no excuses for his misbehavior.
Herges became a pitching coach for the AZL Dodgers in 2011. He moved up to the California League Rancho Cucamonga Quakes for 2012 and held that position through 2014. He served as pitching coach for the Dodgers' new AA affiliate, the Tulsa Drillers in 2015, then moved up to the AAA Oklahoma City Dodgers in 2016-2017. In 2018, he was promoted to the major leagues as bullpen coach of the San Francisco Giants. In 2020, he was named pitching coach of the Arizona Diamondbacks. In addition, he served as the pitching coach for the Mesa Solar Sox of the Arizona Fall League.
He is the brother-in-law of Todd Hollandsworth.
- Bob Nightengale: "Diamondbacks pitching coach Matt Herges divulges dark past of steroid use and crossing the picket line", USA Today, March 10, 2020.