Leven Laurence Shreve
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 150 lb.
- Debut May 2, 1887
- Final Game September 27, 1889
- Born March 12, 1866 in Louisville, KY USA
- Died November 7, 1942 in Grosse Pointe, MI USA
Lev Shreve pitched three years in the majors. He was one of the youngest players in his league all three years.
In a bit of trivia, his batting average (.195) is equal to his career number of at-bats, 195.
A "Leven Shreve" (perhaps Lev Shreve's father) was a business and civic leader in Louisville, KY around the time of the Civil War, and there are a number of babies born who were given the first and middle names "Leven Shreve".
One genealogy site says that Leven Lawrence Shreve (known as "L.L.") and his brother Tom were "well-known businessmen in Louisville".
His love for cigarettes was noted by the press.
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1888)