Kyle Hardy Wright
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 220 lb.
- School Vanderbilt University
- High School Buckhorn High School
- Debut September 4, 2018
Pitcher Kyle Wright, was the 5th player selected in the 2017 amateur draft, by the Atlanta Braves out of Vanderbilt University. He was a consensus top-five pick going into the draft, and it was even speculated that he might go first overall, although the Minnesota Twins, who held the top pick, selected high school SS Royce Lewis instead. He was seen as one of the more advanced prospects in the draft, giving him a chance of reaching the majors quickly. The Braves did not waste any time signing him, giving him a $7 million bonus on June 16th; it was the highest bonus paid to any draft choice since 2011.
He was named to the United States team for the 2018 Futures Game. When he made his major league debut with the Braves on September 4, 2018, he became the first player selected in the 2017 draft to do so. In his debut, he pitched two scoreless and hitless innings of relief in a 5-1 loss to the Boston Red Sox.
- Steve Megargee: "College baseball: Kyle Wright benefiting from Vanderbilt's rich pitching culture", NCAA.com, June 8, 2017. 
- Travis Mewhirter: "Vanderbilt’s Kyle Wright taken No. 5 in MLB Draft by the Atlanta Braves", SEC Country.com, June 12, 2017.