Adoniram Judson Birchall
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- High School Rittenhouse Grammar School
- Debut May 2, 1882
- Final Game October 10, 1884
- Born September 12, 1855 in Germantown, PA USA
- Died December 22, 1887 in Philadelphia, PA USA
Jud Birchall played three years of major league ball, mostly in left field. He was a regular on the Philadelphia Athletics' 1883 pennant-winning team. He led the American Association in at bats and plate appearances as the Athletics' leadoff hitter that year, scoring 95 runs.
Birchall had started as an amateur player in 1869 and last played pro ball in 1885. He died in 1887 of tuberculosis.
"How many recruits the grave has had from the base ball world during the past year! Al McKinnon, Martin Powell, Jud Birchall and a dozen lesser lights." - commentary by the Cincinnati correspondent for Sporting Life, Apr. 11, 1888
- AA At Bats Leader (1883)