John Ludwig Welaj
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 164 lb.
- High School Bound Brook High School
- Debut May 2, 1939
- Final Game September 27, 1943
- Born May 27, 1914 in Moss Creek, PA USA
- Died September 13, 2003 in Arlington, TX USA
After serving in the Army during World War II, outfielder Johnny Welaj returned to baseball, playing in the minors from 1946 to 1954. After retiring as a player, he managed for three years beginning in 1955 with Hagerstown Packets of the Piedmont League. In 1956 he managed the Erie Senators in the PONY League and his last season in 1957 was at Midland Indians/Lamesa Indians in the Southwestern League. He then worked in the front office of the Washington Senators and Texas Rangers franchises.
His brother, Louis Welaj, played in the minor leagues from 1942 to 1950.