Note: This page is for 1960s pitcher John Wyatt; for minor leaguers of the same name, click here.
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 200 lb.
- High School Hutchinson Central Technical High School
- Debut September 8, 1961
- Final Game May 1, 1969
- Born April 19, 1935 in Chicago, IL USA
- Died April 6, 1998 in Omaha, NE USA
John Wyatt missed the 1957 and 1958 seasons due to military service.
Wyatt holds the all-time single-season record for most home runs given up by a relief pitcher. For the Kansas City A's in 1964, he gave up 23 homers while making no starts. No other pitcher has ever given up at least 20 home runs while making three starts or fewer.
- AL All-Star (1964)
- AL Games Pitched Leader (1964)
- Andrew Blume: "John Wyatt", in Bill Nowlin and Dan Desrochers, eds.: The 1967 Impossible Dream Red Sox: 'Pandemonium on the Field', SABR, Rounder Books, Burlington, MA, 2007, pp. 237-241. ISBN 978-1-5794-0141-2