Joseph Paul Smaza
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 175 lb.
- School Western Michigan College
- Debut September 18, 1946
- Final Game September 21, 1946
- Born July 7, 1923 in Detroit, MI USA
- Died May 30, 1979 in Royal Oak, MI USA
Joe Smaza was at Western Michigan College beginning in 1942 and also spent time in the Navy during World War II. He played service ball with the Navy Skyjackets, which featured some other top ballplayers.
Smaza came to the majors in 1946 to play two games for the 1946 White Sox. Most of the 1946 season was spent at Shreveport.