Jacob Phillip Volz
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 175 lb.
- Debut September 28, 1901
- Final Game September 2, 1908
- Born April 4, 1878 in San Antonio, TX USA
- Died August 11, 1962 in San Antonio, TX USA
Silent Jake Volz was in eleven major league games, spread out over 1901, 1905, and 1908. He was in the American League in its first season as a major league, but was disabled for quite a while with tendinitis.
He also played for San Antonio in 1898, 1899 and 1910. He was with St. Paul in 1903.
- Bill Nowlin: "Jake Volz", in Bill Nowlin, Maurice Bouchard and Len Levin, eds.: New Century, New Team: The 1901 Boston Americans, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2013, pp. 164-167. ISBN 978-1-933599-58-8