Gene Taylor Hiser
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 175 lb.
- School University of Maryland
- High School Towson High School
- Debut August 20, 1971
- Final Game September 23, 1975
- Born December 11, 1948 in Baltimore, MD USA
Gene Hiser, who was at the University of Maryland in 1968-1970 at the same time as Jim Norris, was a first-round pick by the Chicago Cubs in the 1970 amateur draft. By 1971 he was in the majors and spent five seasons with the Cubs. Gene only committed 1 career error in 115 games, 114 in the outfield and 1 at first base.
After baseball he formed the financial management firm of Barrett and Hiser and stayed with them when they joined GCG Financial.