(Redirected from Emil Levsen)
Emil Henry Levsen
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 180 lb.
- School Iowa State University
- High School Wyoming (IA) High School
- Debut September 28, 1923
- Final Game July 31, 1928
- Born April 29, 1898 in Wyoming, IA USA
- Died March 12, 1972 in St. Louis Park, MN USA
On August 28, 1926, Levsen became the last player to ever throw two complete-game victories on the same day. He pitched both ends of a doubleheader for the Cleveland Indians against the Boston TRed Sox, and won the games 6-1 over Hal Wiltse and 5-1 over Slim Harriss. Less than a year later, Jack Scott became the last pitcher to pitch two complete games in a day (Scott split his decisions). Those two wins were the 15th and 16th of Levsen's career: he managed just five more wins before retiring, which may help explain why you don't see this any more.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1926)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1926)