Edward Paul Lukon (Mongoose)
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 10", Weight 168 lb.
- High School Burgettstown High School
- Debut August 6, 1941
- Final Game September 28, 1947
- Born August 5, 1920 in Burgettstown, PA USA
- Died November 7, 1996 in Canonsburg, PA USA
Eddie "Mongoose" Lukon had his best major league season for the 1946 Cincinnati Reds when he slugged .442, which would have been sixth in the league if he had had enough plate appearances.
Photo of Eddie Lukon: www.thedeadballera.com/Photos/LukonEddie_photo.html
Lukon played three sports at Burgettstown High School and was in the minors at Valdosta and Knoxville. After his major league days he played with Los Angeles in 1948 and afterwards retired from baseball. Source: Washington-Greene County Chapter: Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame.