Note: This page links to 1980s-1990s All-Star reliever Doug Jones. For the Tusculum College coach of the same name, click here.
Douglas Reid Jones
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 195 lb.
- School Butler University, Central Arizona College
- High School Lebanon (IN) High School
- Debut April 9, 1982
- Final Game September 29, 2000
- Born June 24, 1957 in Covina, CA USA
- Died November 22, 2021 in Tucson, AZ USA
Doug Jones was inducted into the Indiana Baseball Hall of Fame in 2006.
After retiring as a player, Jones was an assistant coach at Pusch Ridge Christian Academy. He then worked as a pitching instructor in the minor leagues for the Arizona Diamondbacks. He returned to Pusch Ridge as head coach. In 2010 Jones became an assistant coach at San Diego Christian College under Chris Bando. After five years there, he returned to organized baseball as pitching coach for the Rookie-level Boise Hawks in the Colorado Rockies organization in 2015-2016 and the Grand Junction Rockies in 2017-2018.
He died of complications from COVID-19.
- 5-time All-Star (1988-1990, 1992 & 1994)
- NL Reliever of the Year Award Winner (1992)
- 30 Saves Seasons: 5 (1988-1990, 1992 & 1997)
- 40 Saves Seasons: 1 (1990)
- Jason Owens: "5-time MLB All-Star pitcher Doug Jones dies at 64", Yahoo! Sports, November 22, 2021.