- Location: Delaware, OH
- League: Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League 1991-2010
- Stadium: Littick Field at Ohio Wesleyan University
Baseball in Delaware, OH dates back to the mid-nineteenth century when a local team, the Delaware Lenape, was formed in 1866. A great portion of the baseball history of Delaware can be attributed to Ohio Wesleyan University, which fielded its first team in 1889.
Founded in 1991, the Delaware Cows were a Summer Collegiate Baseball Team based in Delaware, OH and played their home games at Littick Field on the Campus of Ohio Wesleyan University. The Cows were members of the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League until they folded in 2010. While the region of Central Ohio is known for its agricultural herritage, the Cows moniker is not originally bovine in nature. The team was originally slated to divide their home games between Ohio Wesleyan in Delaware, and the Ohio State University fifteen miles to the south in Columbus, OH. Splitting their time, the team was originally the Central Ohio Cows for their first season. The team name actually comes from the teams major sponsor, Central Ohio Wendy's (this region is home to the Wendy's Hamburgers Corporation). The team settled into life as a part of the Delaware community, and the Cows name stuck.
Notable Former Cows