4/8/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to a new temporary server and a new permanent type of setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
Claude Raymond Hendrix
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 195 lb.
- School Fairmount College
- Debut May 15, 1911
- Final Game August 27, 1920
- Born April 13, 1889 in Olathe, KS USA
- Died March 22, 1944 in Allentown, PA USA
Hendrix agreed to throw a game in August 1920 and was subsequently banned from baseball. He did not actually take the mound. The Chicago Cubs, suspecting wrong-doing, substituted Grover Cleveland Alexander for Hendrix at the last minute. What makes his behavior odd was the fact that his father was a town sheriff and bank president on the Kansas frontier in the late 19th century.
Following his involuntary departure from baseball, Hendrix owned and operated a café in Allentown, Pennsylvania, for many years.
- FL ERA Leader (1914)
- FL Wins Leader (1914)
- 2-time NL Winning Percentage Leader (1912 & 1918)
- FL Games Pitched Leader (1914)
- FL Complete Games Leader (1914)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 4 (1912, 1914, 1915 & 1918)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 2 (1914 & 1918)
- 25 Wins Seasons: 1 (1914)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 9 (1912-1920)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1914)