Charles A. Hautz
- Bats Right, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 7", Weight 150 lb.
- Debut May 4, 1875
- Final Game September 4, 1884
- Born February 5, 1852 in St. Louis, MO USA
- Died January 24, 1929 in St. Louis, MO USA
Charlie Hautz was the hitting star for the St. Louis Red Stockings, who played only 19 games in 1875. Hautz came back briefly in 1884 to play in the American Association, as one of the oldest players on the Pittsburgh Alleghenys.
Hautz apparently played professional ball, not in the majors, in between 1875 and 1884. Sources say he played in Indianapolis in 1877 and 1879. He umpired in the National League in 1876 and 1879, and in the American Association in 1882, for a total of 29 games.