Carden Edison Gillenwater
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 178 lb.
- High School Knoxville High School
- Debut September 22, 1940
- Final Game September 18, 1948
- Born May 13, 1918 in Riceville, TN USA
- Died May 10, 2000 in Largo, FL USA
Carden Gillenwater played five seasons in the major leagues. His most prominent year was 1945, when, playing for the Boston Braves, he led National League outfielders in putouts and assists. He was also 9th in the league that year in on-base percentage, and was 8th in stolen bases.
He was a Syracuse Chiefs outfielder from 1949 to 1954, and was team MVP in 1949 and 1950. He once had 9 RBI in a game, and another time had 3 homers in a game. He is fourth in Syracuse franchise history with 737 games played.
He is not to be confused with Claral Gillenwater.