Bill Meyer Stadium
Built in 1954, Knoxville Municipal Stadium was located in Knoxville, TN and was home to many minor league teams over the years. Seating 6,700 fans, the park was built the site of Smithson Stadium, which had burnt to the ground in 1953. In 1957, the stadium was renamed Bill Meyer Stadium in honor of Knoxville native Bill Meyer.
Over the years, the park was home to the Knoxville Smokies of the Tri-State League, the South Atlantic League, and the Southern League, as well as the Southern League's Knoxville Sox and Knoxville Blue Jays. Following the 1999 season, the team moved out of Bill Meyer Stadium and into Smokies Park in Kodak, Tennessee.