Arthur Joseph Houtteman
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 188 lb.
- High School Catholic Central High School (Detroit)
- Debut April 29, 1945
- Final Game September 22, 1957
- Born August 7, 1927 in Detroit, MI USA
- Died May 6, 2003 in Rochester Hills, MI USA
When Art Houtteman reported to Camp Pickett, Virginia in World War II, he was declared unfit for combat because the noise of gunfire gave him severe headaches. Doctors said that was likely a lingering effect of his skull fracture. He was put on limited duty pitching for the camp baseball team. After 11 months - when the baseball season was about over - he received a medical discharge. He later missed the 1951 season due to military service.
Pitcher Art Houtteman was known as "Hard Luck" Houtteman - and that was before he was nearly killed in a car wreck and before his baby daughter was killed in another wreck.
- AL All-Star (1950)
- AL Shutouts Leader (1950)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 3 (1949, 1950 & 1954)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1949, 1950 & 1952)