Arthur Earl Wilson
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 8", Weight: 170 lb.
Born: December 11, 1885 in Macon, IL
School: Millikin University (Decatur, IL)
Debut: September 29, 1908 (Age 22.293, 3,114th in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1911 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Giants/Braves/Chi-Feds/Cubs/Whales/... 1908-1921
Last Game: June 12, 1921 (Age 35.183)
vs. WSH 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: June 12, 1960 in Chicago, IL
Buried: Graceland Cemetery, Chicago, IL
About biographical information
News -- April 2014
- 4/23 Baseball Musings: Throwback Day: The Diamondbacks and Cubs celebrate the 100th anniversary of Wrigley Field with the uniforms of the original teams that played...
News -- March 2014
- 3/12 The Captain's Blog: No Joke: Francisco Cervelli Has Become a Trade Chip for Yankees: Francisco Cervelli is the hottest thing in Tampa. The Yankeesâ back-up catcher has been tearing up the grapefruit league, and,...
News -- May 2013
- 5/2 Baseball de World: Today in Baseball History â€“ May 2: May 2, 1909 In the first inning in a game with the Chicago Cubs, Honus Wagner steals his way around the bases. It was the fourth...
News -- April 2013
- 4/24 James Smyth Broadcast: Who Hit the First Home Run at Each Ballpark?: I was trying to find a list of the first home runs at each of the 30 current major league ballparks. After some Googling I was...
News -- September 2011
- 9/30 B-R Blog: ‘Vedi Napoli e poi muori’: See Naples and die. That famous line may have beenÂ coined by GoetheÂ to expressÂ the o**** of 18th-century Naples -- Napoli --...
Complete a Short Survey
to help us
improve our mobile sites.
Do you use B-R on your phone?