Jimmy Wayne Tolleson
Positions: Shortstop, Second Baseman and Third Baseman
Bats: Both, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 9", Weight: 160 lb.
Born: November 22, 1955 in Spartanburg, SC
School: Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, NC)
Drafted by the Texas Rangers in the 8th round of the 1978 amateur draft.
Debut: September 1, 1981 (Age 25.283, 12,098th in MLB history)
vs. TOR 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1983 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Rangers/Yankees/WhiteSox 1981-1990
Agents: Randy Hendricks,Alan Hendricks [*]
Last Game: September 30, 1990 (Age 34.312)
vs. MIL 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- March 2014
- 3/5 Jays Journal: Steve Tolleson: Place Holder or Late Bloomer?: With almost a week of spring training under our belt and some of my colleagues already starting to experience sleepless night...
News -- December 2013
- 12/14 Bleeding Yankee Blue: NOT ALL YANKEE FANS ARE THE SAME: This has been a strange week for me. I had moments when I actually told some fellow Yankee fans off. Some of them are RIDICULOUS!...
News -- August 2013
- 8/4 Bleeding Yankee Blue: RON KITTLE: THE MAN, THE GLASSES & THE LAUGHS:
In his prime, we knew Ron Kittle for three things – his long
home runs, his sense of humor, and those enormous glasses....
News -- March 2013
- 3/29 Bleeding Yankee Blue: KAY TO YANKEE FANS: "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!":
Listening to Michael Kay today, I was shocked. Look, I love Kay. I love Don La Greca and as far as I'm concerned, they...
News -- February 2013
- 2/19 The Captain's Blog: Who Comes After Derek Jeter?: (The following was originally published at SB*Nation’s Pinstriped Bible) After me the deluge.” - attributed to Louis XV “Old...
News -- January 2013
- 1/2 Bleeding Yankee Blue: REMEMBER SCOTT PROCTOR? HE'S STILL WORKING:
The San Francisco Giants have signed Scott Proctor to a minor league deal. That is being reported by TC Palm, read HERE.
News -- November 2012
- 11/26 Southside Showdown: Random White Sox Cards: ’87 Ron Hassey: If you’re at all like me, I presume that in your youth you collected baseball cards. The total collection I accrued as a young...
- 11/2 Bleeding Yankee Blue: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY OF THE YANKEES:
I'm a traditionalist and a guy who always remembers the Yankees long
forgotten. I've written about guys like Danny Pasqua...
News -- June 2012
- 6/12 High Heat Stats: Weekend game notes: SUNDAY @Pirates 3, Royals 2: Ladies and gentlemen, your first-place Bucs! Winning 12 of 15 (including 4 of 6 from Cincinnati),...
News -- May 2012
- 5/23 High Heat Stats: Wednesday notes on a few Tuesday games: The evening’s theme was dominant starters: @Cardinals 4, Padres 0: Adam Wainwright went the distance just like old times,...
News -- January 2012
- 1/30 Bleeding Yankee Blue: BRETT GARDNER: BIG DOESN'T MEAN BETTER: Brett Gardner is not a Bronx Bomber...he’s a New York Yankee and for a little guy to succeed in this franchise...well, it really...
News -- December 2011
- 12/15 High Heat Stats: Jamey Carroll and the worst RBI rates in history: Jamey Carroll / Icon SMILast season, Jamey Carroll posted one of the lowest RBI rates in history. In fact, since 1920, just 24...
News -- July 2011
- 7/27 Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness: Kershaw, Kemp & Kenley Lead the Way: Clayton Kershaw went 6.2 solid innings while setting a career high in pitches, and the Dodger offense finally touched Jhoulys...
- 7/13 Bleeding Yankee Blue: WHY THE NERD SHOW OPENED MY EYES: 6 years ago, I was lucky enough to go to a card show and meet 3 very important Yankees. Yes, 2 were much older men, but the other...
News -- December 2010
- 12/1 YankeeAnalysts.com: A graphical look at Yankee shortstop wOBAs since 1990: Though we've made no secret of our preferred position of the Yankees and Brian Cashman holding firm at their three-year, $45 million...