Ralph David Engle
Positions: Catcher, Pinch Hitter and Rightfielder
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 210 lb.
Born: November 30, 1956 in San Diego, CA
High School: Crawford HS (San Diego, CA)
School: University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)
Drafted by the California Angels in the 3rd round of the 1978 amateur draft.
Debut: April 14, 1981 (Age 24.135)
vs. SEA 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1981 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Twins/Expos/Tigers/Brewers 1981-1989
Final Game: July 28, 1989 (Age 32.240)
vs. TEX 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Relatives: Brother-In-Law of Tom Brunansky
About biographical information
News -- June 2014
- 6/30 The Greatest 21 Days: Dave Engle, Best Shot - 435: In some ways, Dave Engle's youth was a typical one. His family would pile into a trailer for the summer and see the United States.In...
- 6/2 Twinstrivia.com: On this Day in Twins History – June 2, 1986: Officially ending his Hall of Fame career about six months after MLB owners did it for him, Rod Carew announced his retirement....
News -- May 2014
- 5/16 Twinstrivia.com: This Day in Twins History – May 16: May 16, 1928 – Alfred Manuel “Billy” Martin was born in Berkeley, California. Billy played in the majors for...
News -- July 2013
- 7/24 Baseball Musings: Anything is Possible Today: My good friend Jim Storer wonders if Engel Beltre is the son of Dave Engle and Adrian Beltre. Phil Hughes pitched another good...
News -- November 2011
- 11/14 Classic Minnesota Twins: Game Of The Week: When Doves and Gary Gaetti Cried - Fri., Sept. 28, 1984: I shall stab at thee from **** Quirk.1984 ToppsThese tickets you see below were printed in anti**** of the Twins reaching...