James William Colborn
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: May 22, 1946 in Santa Paula, CA
High School: Santa Paula HS (Santa Paula, CA)
Schools: University of Washington (Seattle, WA), Whittier College (Whittier, CA)
Signed by the Chicago Cubs as an amateur free agent in 1967.
Debut: July 13, 1969 (Age 23.052)
vs. PHI 5.1 IP, 7 H, 1 SO, 4 BB, 3 ER, W
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1970 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Brewers/Cubs/Royals/Mariners 1969-1978
Final Game: October 1, 1978 (Age 32.132)
About biographical information
News -- June 2014
- 6/25 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–June 25, 1977: 1977: The Royals smashed four home runs, including two-run shots from Joe Zdeb and Freddie Patek, for a 6-4 win over the Athletics...
- 6/13 The Brewer Nation: Brewers Wall of Honor Unveiled Today: The Milwaukee Brewers will formally unveil the “Brewers Wall of Honor” at Miller Park today. The Wall of Honor will commemorate...
- 6/5 Dairyland Express: Milwaukee Brewers To Unveil Wall Of Honor Next Week: The Milwaukee Brewers will unveil their Brewers Wall of Honor at Miller Park when they return home next, on Friday, June 13. The...
News -- April 2014
- 4/29 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–April 29, 1977: 1977: Darrell Porter drove in three runs and Jim Colborn hurled a complete game as the Royals won their first-ever meeting with...
News -- July 2013
- 7/24 James Smyth Broadcast: No-Hitting and One-Hitting the Same Team: Angels righty Jered Weaver no-hit the Minnesota Twins on May 2, 2012. A little over a year later, the Twins were back in Anaheim...
News -- November 2012
- 11/8 For Baseball Junkies: Brewers All-Time Team v.2012: Today, we're taking a look at the Brewers All-Time team.Last year's inaugural team can be seen here. As part of our roster revamping...
News -- May 2012
- 5/21 High Heat Stats: The Mount Rushmore of the Milwaukee Brewers: We turn our attention to another of the 1969 expansion teams, although this one was known as the Seattle Pilots back then. For...
News -- March 2012
- 3/12 Bus League Baseball: The Bizarro Hall of Fame: The Class of 1984: The Bizarro Hall of Fame was a series I ran on my old blog, One More Dying Quail, in 2007. It consists of players who appeared...
News -- January 2012
- 1/1 High Heat Stats: 20-12 Pitchers: Its happened only twice since 1981, but 39 pitchers have posted a 20-12 record in a season. Here they are sorted by WAR Rk Player...
News -- April 2011
- 4/24 PaulLebowitz.com: Travels In The Blameatorium: Rangers closer Neftali Feliz has been placed on the disabled list with shoulder inflammation. Naturally this is leading to the...
- 4/14 B-R Blog: Unlikely No-Hit Pitchers: One of the fun new things we can do with the PI is to sort the results of a game-finder search by a season finder. Here are all...