Todd Eric Benzinger
Positions: First Baseman and Outfielder
Bats: Both, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: February 11, 1963 in Dayton, KY
High School: New Richmond HS (New Richmond, OH)
Drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 4th round of the 1981 amateur draft.
Debut: June 21, 1987 (Age 24.130, 12,952nd in MLB history)
vs. NYY 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1987 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Reds/Giants/RedSox/Dodgers/Royals 1987-1995
Last Game: May 14, 1995 (Age 32.092)
vs. PIT 1 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Relatives: Nephew of Don Gross
About biographical information
News -- May 2016
- 5/17 The Writer's Journey: Baseball cards from Orlando: I have been sitting on this post for absolutely no reason other than laziness. I bought a handful of fifty-cent packs when I was...
News -- December 2015
- 12/25 Around the Foghorn: San Francisco Giants:One Hit Wonders (Part One): In the long history of the San Francisco Giants, there have been plenty of guys who were loved very deeply, even if their stay...
News -- October 2015
- 10/12 The Cardboard Examiner: 1993 TOPPS FINEST: #178 NORM CHARLTON: NOT YOUR NORMAL RELIEVER.WE SEEM TO HAVE A TEAM DISCREPANCY. DEFINING THE PLAYERAlthough the least well-known member of the...
News -- April 2015
- 4/24 Blog Red Machine: Cincinnati Reds: The Improbable 1990 Wire-to-Wire Run: I was three months old when the Cincinnati Reds beat the Oakland Athletics in Oakland to win the 1990 World Series and complete...
News -- December 2014
- 12/15 The Cardboard Examiner: 1993 TOPPS FINEST: #170 PAUL O'NEILL: AS HARD-NOSED AS THEY CAME.THE GUTS OF THE LAST YANKEE DYNASTY.DEFINING THE PLAYERPaul O'Neill played with the fire of a wide-eyed...
News -- July 2014
- 7/31 Around the Foghorn: Looking back at San Francisco Giants-Will Clark thrills: Twenty-two years ago this week, the San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers played a memorable game featuring starting pitchers...
- 7/10 Replacement Level Red Sox Blog: 1988 Redux – How A.J. Pierzynski Could Be Spike Owen: thanks Wounded Knee In 1988 the Boston Red Sox were left for dead.Â They were nine games out at the All Star Break languishing...
News -- May 2014
- 5/10 Red Sox Maineiacs: Nick Esasky All-Stars: The title of this post is an expression I made up years ago. It refers to a veteran player (with a couple of special exceptions)...
News -- March 2014
- 3/26 BoSox Injection: Red Sox Scrap Heap: The next Nick Esasky?: To commemorate the likelihood of Grady Sizemore winning the Red Sox center field job, one of the members of our Bosox Injection...
News -- January 2014
- 1/26 Redlegs Review: On this date in Reds history: Joe Nuxhall is traded: In this edition of "On This Date in Reds History," we take a glimpse back on the event occurring on Jan. 26, 1961, where the Reds...
News -- February 2013
- 2/2 Blog Red Machine: Groundhog Day, Cincinnati Reds Edition: So Punxsutawney Phil saw no shadow. No biggie that there will be an early spring. Pitchers and catcher start to report next Monday....
News -- October 2012
- 10/23 Kings of Kauffman: Seven Eric Hosmer Comps Who Rebounded At Age 23: Eric Hosmer had a terrible season. This is fact. The amount of sugarcoating to suggest otherwise would be too much for even Willy...
News -- October 2011
- 10/7 The Writer's Journey: Fun Cards: 1985 Topps Traded Rob Murphy: With only 3 innings under his belt in 1985, it’s no surprise Rob Murphy was passed over by Topps for their Traded set. He...
News -- April 2011
- 4/8 WSJ Daily Fix: Red Sox Fans: Slightly Panicked: They're not taking the team's 0-6 start well in Boston. Not at all. Plus: The golf stars sweating whether they'll make the Masters...