The Winter Meetings are a major event on the baseball calendar. The meetings are held during the first week in December, usually in a warm climate. The meetings currently last four days.
The winter meetings include representatives from each of the major and affiliated minor league teams. There is often a flurry of trades and free agent signings announced during the meetings. Additionally, there is a trade show featuring exhibitors from many aspects of baseball. The final day of the winter meetings is spent conducting the Rule V Draft.
- AJ Cassavell: "The biggest Winter Meetings trades of all time", mlb.com, December 3, 2022. 
- Anthony Castrovince: "Biggest free-agent deals in Winter Meetings history", mlb.com, December 3, 2022. 
- Jeremy K. Hodges and Bill Nowlin, eds.: Base Ball's 19th Century "Winter Meerings", 1857-1900, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2018. ISBN 978-1-943816-91-0
- Josh Lewin: Getting in the Game: Inside Baseball's Winter Meetings, Potomac Books, Dulles, VA, 2003.
- Tracy Ringolsby: "Classic trades, tales born in Winter Meeting lobbies: Before cell phones became popular, general managers mingled in hotel halls", mlb.com, December 6, 2014. 
- Steve Weingarden and Bill Nowlin, eds.: Baseball's Business: The Winter Meetings, Vol. 1 1901-1957, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2016. ISBN 978-1-943816-37-8
- Steve Weingarden and Bill Nowlin, eds.: Baseball's Business: The Winter Meetings, Vol. 2 1958-2016, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2017. ISBN 978-1-943816-63-7