Template talk:Did You Know
Just a quick question/suggestion about the "Did You Know" - since most of the trivia is presented in a what/who format, would it be a good idea to change it from "did you know" to "do you know"? Since it's being presented in more of in a quiz format, it reads better as "do you know" (do you know what...) rather than "did you know" (did you know what...). Alex 00:41, 3 March 2010 (EST)
I personally prefer "did you know" because it's more traditional for trivia in newspapers, etc. What do others think? - --Mischa 09:05, 3 March 2010 (EST)
About including the Dodgers history article, I'm torn - it's been expanded a lot but it looks a little bad for us to be including such a major article almost five years into our run here. What do others think? - --Mischa 20:57, 23 March 2010 (EDT)
The timing is irrelevant. "Did you know" is a way not only to introduce some interesting fact, but a way to get someone engaged in a bullpen page. IMHO --Jeff 22:32, 23 March 2010 (EDT)
Nice variety this round - guys from Australia, Venezuela, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan, the majors and Japan - --Mischa 16:43, 26 February 2013 (EST)
The asterisks started showing up as some weird symbol. When I tried to fix it, it wound up bunching everything together. Adding in spaces between entries looks like they're too far apart. Help! - --Mischa (talk) 09:31, 1 October 2015 (EDT)
It seems that the "text indent" code was screwing things up, so I removed it, but I expect it was there before. So I'm not sure why it started acting up now. --Philippe (talk) 10:28, 1 October 2015 (EDT)
Suggestions for inclusions
- ...in what league Dave Brown won the first ERA title?
- ...that Iván Marín has won more stolen base titles in Nicaragua than all but one other player?
- ...what father-son first Dwight Britton helped pull off?
- ...that Chi-Kam Chiu was the first player from Hong Kong to play in the Extraliga - or possibly in any professional circuit?
- ...that Archie Cochrane, the brother of Hall of Famer Mickey Cochrane, sold his automobile dealership to major leaguer Dave McNally?
- ...how the 1880s player simply known as "P. Larkin" came to be positively identified as Patrick Larkin by 21st century researchers?
- ...that Dave Roberts made his major league debut just one day after being the first overall pick of the 1972 amateur draft?
- ...that Kosuke Tanaka was the second player to lead the Central League in both OBP and steals in the same season?
- ...what record Jilton Calderón set?
- ...what role Cheng-Hsien Chang played in a notable Little League World Series game?
- ...what major starting assignment Andy Otero got for the Panamanian national team?
Images available: Roberts