(Redirected from Raul Mondesi)
Raúl Ramon Mondesí Avelino
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 202 lb.
- High School Liceo Manuel Maria Valencia
- Debut July 19, 1993
- Final Game May 27, 2005
- Born March 12, 1971 in San Cristobal, San Cristobal, D.R.
Raúl Mondesí played thirteen years in the major leagues, hitting 271 home runs and stealing 229 bases. He was the 1994 National League Rookie of the Year and won Gold Gloves in 1995 and 1997 while playing for the Los Angeles Dodgers. For five years running (1999-2003) he was one of the ten highest-paid players in the league.
His oldest son, Raul Mondesi Jr. began his professional career in the Milwaukee Brewers organization in 2010, while a second son, Raul Adalberto Mondesi began playing in the Kansas City Royals organization in 2012 and became the first player to make his major league debut in a World Series in 2015.
He is currently the mayor of San Cristobal.
- 1994 NL Rookie of the Year Award
- 1994 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- NL All-Star (1995)
- 2-time NL Gold Glove Winner (1995 & 1997)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 9 (1995-2003)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 3 (1997-1999)
|NL Rookie of the Year|
|Mike Piazza||Raul Mondesi||Hideo Nomo|