October is the tenth month of the year.
It is also the month of the World Series, and is Reggie Jackson's nickname (Mr. October). The first World Series was played against the Boston Pilgrims and the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pilgrims won it in 8 games (5-3). The most World Series have been won by the New York Yankees (26).
Births on Unknown Days in October
- 1849 - Wally Goldsmith, infielder (d. 1915)
- 1859 - Frank Houseman, pitcher (d. 1894)
- 1860 - Bill White, infielder (d. ????)
Deaths on Unknown Days in October
- 1944 - Bob Schmukal, minor league player (b. ????)
- 1944 - Seizaburo Amakawa, NPB pitcher (b. 1919)
- 1973 - Fuzzy Hufft, minor league player (b. 1901)
- 1976 - Jelly Taylor, infielder, manager (b. 1910)
- 1979 - Anthony Cooper, infielder (b. 1904)