<googlemap width=300 height=350 lat="44.972389" lon="-93.174276" zoom="17" controls="small" type="hybrid"> </googlemap>
|Address:||1771 Energy Park Drive,
St. Paul, MN 55108
|Also known as:||Municipal Stadium|
|Current resident(s):||St. Paul Saints|
|Field dimensions:||Left 320'|
The original Midway Stadium was built in 1957 to accommodate the Saints, who were then a AAA team in the American Association. It served until 1960 but was abandoned when the Minnesota Twins moved to the Minneapolis-St. Paul area and used Metropolitan Stadium as their ballpark. It remained open, although badly under-used until its demolition in 1981.
The current and much smeller Midway Stadium was built across Snelling Avenue and became the home of the independent Saints when they joined the Northern League in 1993.