(Redirected from Jim Gallagher)
Peter F. Galligan
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Debut September 4, 1886
- Final Game September 4, 1886
- Born January 1860 in Chicago, IL USA
- Died May 20, 1917 in Chicago, IL USA
Pete Galligan played one game for the Washington Nationals in 1886. He was long listed in record books as Jim Gallagher, but that was a mistake. The wrong name meant that nothing was known about the player, whose trace could not be found. A search of contemporary newspapers by researcher Peter Morris determined that the player's correct name was "Peter Galligan", and led to the discovery of other information about him, for example that he served as an Illinois state senator after his retirement as a player.
He is buried at Calvary Catholic Cemetery, in Evanston, IL.
- "Peter Galligan", in Bill Carle, ed.: Biographical Research Committee Report, SABR, Mays/June 2010, p. 2.