(Redirected from Arnie Munoz)
Arnaldo Rafel Muñoz
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 9", Weight 170 lb.
- High School Colegio Instituto Platon
- Debut June 19, 2004
- Final Game September 28, 2007
- Born June 21, 1982 in Mao, Valverde, D.R.
Arnie made one start in his major league career. It came in his major league debut, on June 19, 2004 for the White Sox against the Montreal Expos at Stade Olympique. It was a night to forget: in 3 innings, he gave up 11 runs - all earned - on 10 hits. He was touched for two home runs, both off the bat of Juan Rivera in the 2nd inning, the second of them a grand slam. His game score was a horrendous -7 and he was removed from the game with an ERA of 33.00. He left trailing 11-1, but his teammates made a game of it, as it finished 17-14 for the Expos. The loss was his only career decision. His other 23 appearances were all in relief, and he posted an ERA of 4.86 in them.
- Adam J. Ulrey: "Blast-Off in the Big O; June 19, 2004: Montreal Expos 17, Chicago White Sox 14 At Olympic Stadium", in Norm King, ed.: Au jeu/Play Ball: The 50 Greatest Games in the History of the Montreal Expos, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2016, pp. 140-141. ISBN 978-1-943816-15-6