The 2013 Bolivarian Games were held in Trujillo, La Libertad. They were the 13th Bolivarian Games to feature baseball and the first to include Guatemala.
- Venezuela 9, Peru 0. C Gabriel Purroy has 3 hits and two RBI, while Alexis Fumero (6 IP, W) and Fernando Quijada (3 IP, Sv) combine on a two-hitter (only 1B Gilberto Hernandez and SS Susumu Yoza had hits for Peru). Gianpierre Reano took the loss. Peru made five errors.
- Panama 14, Guatemala 0. CF Luis Castillo and SS Jeffer Patiño each have two hits and two runs as Panama wins a mercy rule game in 8 innings. Eliecer Navarro gets the win, Alejandro Amezquita the loss. CF Manuel Hernández has two of Guatemala's four hits. Guatemala has more errors (5) than hits.
- Ecuador 11, Bolivia 0. Keeping up today's theme, the losing club is shutout while having more errors (5) than hits (2). Only RF Raul Terrazas and DH Elio Padilla connect safely for Bolivia against Edgar Powin (11 K, 1 H in 6 IP) and Jaime Torres (5 K, 1 H in 3 IP). Torres manages a save in a 11-run win, entering in the 7th with a 4-0 lead. Miguel Lara falls to 0-2. RF Josue Rosario scores three runs for Ecuador, which had been held to one run in their first two games.
- Panama 15, Bolivia 0. Panama needed only four innings in a mercy rule rout (Bolivia batted for five). Luis Machuca got the win, Marco Davalos the loss. RF Javier Dominguez scored three while DH Ramon Castillo homered twice and drove in five.
- Ecuador 9, Peru 2. Peru became the first losing team to a score run to end a streak of eight straight shutouts; both runs were driven in by DH/1B Jorge Pastor. Ecuador gets two runs apiece from SS Johan Leon, 3B Joel Pulgar and C Stefano Navas. Jhunior Cordero is the winner, while Andres Hamamoto (6 H, 4 R in 2 2/3 IP) is the losing hurler.
- Venezuela 13, Guatemala 1. Jesus Reyes gets the win for Venezuela, while SS Jose Gomez goes 3 for 3 and RF Douglas Landaeta also gets three hits; 1B Alberto Odreman scores three times. Jean Rossil (7 H, 8 R, 3 ER in 3 IP) takes the loss, while Guatemala makes five errors. SS Fabián Vizcaino's triple is the lone Guatemalan hit.
- Venezuela 2, Guatemala 1. Guatemala comes close to the finals in their first Bolivarian Games. In the 8th, 1B Alberto Odreman of Venezuela drives in DH Hebert Lara with the first run of the game, breaking a scoreless duel between Guillermo Valdez (Guatemala) and Carlos Mory (Venezuela). In the 9th, though, CF Manuel Hernández drives in SS Fabián Vizcaino to tie it. Venezuela gets two perfect innings of relief from Josmar Carreno. In the bottom of the 11th, Valdez finally yields a second run when PH Juan Fuentes hits a sacrifice fly to score C Gabriel Purroy with the winner.
- Panama 8, Ecuador 0. Eliecer Navarro allows four hits in eight innings while RF Concepcion Rodriguez (HR, 2 R, 3 RBI) leads the offense for Panama. After dominating against Bolivia, Edgar Powin struggles with control against Panama (8 BB, 3 WP, 2 HB, 0 K in 6 IP) to take the loss.
- Ecuador 2, Guatemala 1. In the Bronze Medal game, Gustavo Rehwoldt (Guatemala) and Alfredo Venegas and Jhunior Cordero (Ecuador) engaged in a fine pitching duel. The game was scoreless until the sixth when Cordero allowed his lone run, LF Juan Valdez driving in CF Manuel Hernández. In the 7th, though, Ecuador got to Rehwoldt with runs by Cordero and LF Diego Perez (driven in by SS Johan Leon) to win it as Cordero finished 2-0 on the hill and also was one of Ecuador's better hitters.
- Panama 6, Venezuela 0. For the third straight Bolivarian Games, Panama beat Venezuela for the Gold. This time, it was no contest as Alberto Acosta tossed a no-hitter, allowing only one walk though he hit two batters. Juan Colmenarez took the defeat. LF Javier Dominguez homered, CF Luis Castillo scored two and 2B Jeffer Patiño went 3 for 3 with a run and three RBI.
See 2013 Bolivarian Games (Rosters)
2013 Bolivarian Games website