(Redirected from Robert K. Fitts)
- School University of Pennsylvania
An expert on Japanese baseball, Robert K. Fitts is the author of Remembering Japanese Baseball. He has also published Wally Yonamine: The Man Who Changed Japanese Baseball and Banzai Babe Ruth, a book on the 1934 Major League tour of Asia, which won the 2013 Seymour Medal as the best baseball book published in the previous year. He also wrote [Mashi He is the chair of the Society for American Baseball Research's Asian Baseball Research Committee.
- Robert K. Fitts: Remembering Japanese Baseball, Southern Illinois University Press, Carbondale, IL, 2005
- Robert K. Fitts: "The Evolution of Japanese Baseball Strategy", in The Baseball Research Journal, Number 36 (2007), SABR, Cleveland, OH, pp. 61-67.
- Robert K. Fitts: Wally Yonamine: The Man Who Changed Japanese Baseball, University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE, 2008.
- Robert K. Fitts: Banzai Babe Ruth: Baseball, Espionage, & Assassination During the 1934 Tour of Japan, University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE, 2012.
- Robert K. Fitts: Mashi: The Unfulfilled Baseball Dreams of Masanori Murakami, the First Japanese Major Leaguer, University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE, 2015. ISBN 978-0-8032-5521-0