William Martin Dillhoefer
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 7", Weight 154 lb.
- Debut April 16, 1917
- Final Game October 1, 1921
- Born October 13, 1894 in Cleveland, OH USA
- Died February 23, 1922 in St. Louis, MO USA
A catcher who had five seasons in the major leagues, Pickles Dillhoefer's best year was as the back-up catcher on the 1920 St. Louis Cardinals. Tragically, he died at age 27 of typhoid fever only a few weeks after his wedding.
His professional baseball career started in 1914 in the Ohio State League.
- Enlisted 5/22/1918 at Camp Merritt NJ Quartermaster Corps. Promoted to Sergeant 11/4/1918. Honorable Discharge 4/10/1919