Modern Woodmen Park
(Redirected from John O'Donnell Stadium)
In 1971 Municipal Stadium was renamed John O'Donnell Stadium in honor of the longtime sports editor of the Davenport Times-Democrat, shortly following his death. John O'Donnell Stadium was then renamed Modern Woodmen Park in 2007. O'Donnell's name remains on the press box, and is also hidden underneath the main entry marquee.
Davenport teams were playing at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, without lights. The city of Davenport then built Municipal Stadium which opened on May 26, 1931 within LeClaire Park. The ballpark was built for $185,000, with the first night game held on June 4, 1931.
The park was expanded in the 1940s and again in 1962, bringing the capacity up to 8,500.  One of the oldest ballparks still in the minor leagues, other renovations occurred before the 1989 season, and there was a major renovation before the 2004 season.
In 2009, a new high-definition ribbon board was added along the right field fence and four new concourse-level "loge boxes" were installed to accommodate small groups of people. Prior to the 2010 season
In 2014, Modern Woodman Park received a notable addition, as a 110-foot Ferris wheel was installed beyond the left field wall.
The park has hosted 8 All-Star Games. Recently, the 2006 and 2011 Midwest League All-Star Games were held at Modern Woodmen Park. Previously, Midwest League All-Star Games were played at the park in 1964, 1968, 1975, 1980, 1982 and 1990,  
In 2008 and 2009, Modern Woodmen Park received the "Best Ballpark Improvement" Award from Ballparkdigest.com.
Baseball Historian Tim Rask wrote Baseball at Davenport's John O'Donnell Stadium, released in 2004.