John Philip Rheinecker
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 2", Weight 230 lb.
- School Belleville Area College, Southwest Missouri State University
- High School Gibault Catholic High School
- Debut April 22, 2006
- Final Game September 28, 2007
- Born May 29, 1979 in Belleville, IL USA
- Died July 18, 2017 in St. Louis, MO USA
Pitcher John Rheinecker was selected by the Seattle Mariners in the 1998 amateur draft but did not sign with the club. Three years later, he was drafted by the Oakland Athletics in the supplemental 1st round of the 2001 amateur draft, with the #37 overall pick. He was the first-ever first-rounder from Missouri State University. He was signed by scout Jim Pransky and made his pro debut that summer.
Rheinecker was traded to the Texas Rangers before the 2006 season, and made his first big league start with them. That year, he won 4 and lost 6, posting a 5.86 ERA in 21 games with the Rangers, including 13 starts. He also started 15 games in 2006 at AAA, posting a 2.52 ERA.