Joe Martin (martijo03)
William Joseph Martin
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11½", Weight 181 lb.
- School Santa Barbara State College
- Debut April 27, 1936
- Final Game April 19, 1938
- Born July 28, 1911 in Seymour, MO USA
- Died September 28, 1960 in Buffalo, NY USA
Joe Martin was the first player to come to the majors from the University of California, Santa Barbara, at a time prior to when the university adopted its current name. Martin broke in with the 1936 New York Giants, who went on to win the pennant. He was three years younger than Mel Ott.