Harry Eugene Wheeler
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 165 lb.
- Debut June 19, 1878
- Final Game October 15, 1884
- Born March 3, 1858 in Versailles, IN USA
- Died October 9, 1900 in Cincinnati, OH USA
Harry Wheeler played six seasons in the majors and managed briefly the Kansas City Cowboys of the Union Association in 1884. While primarily an outfielder, in 1878, his first season, he was solely a pitcher, going 6-1 at age 20 for the Providence Grays.
In spite of his performance as a pitcher in 1878, he rarely pitched in the majors after that year. He was chiefly an outfielder, with more appearances in left field than in the other two positions. He also umpired a couple of games, one in the American Association in 1882 and one in the Union Association in 1884.
After his major league days he played in the minors through 1888.
- Triples, inning, 2, 6/28/1882 (tied)