George Susce (suscege01)
George Cyril Methodius Susce (Good Kid)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11½", Weight 200 lb.
- School Glenville State Normal School, St. Bonaventure University
- Debut April 23, 1929
- Final Game October 1, 1944
- Born August 13, 1907 in Pittsburgh, PA USA
- Died February 25, 1986 in Sarasota, FL USA
George Susce, a backup catcher, appeared in the major leagues at different times between the ages of 21 and 36. He is the player from St. Bonaventure University with the most major league at-bats through 2006.
Susce managed the Batavia Clippers in 1948, then coached the Indians again after the minor league season and in 1949. He began 1950 as manager of the Marion Red Sox and ended it as a coach for the Boston Red Sox, staying on that staff through 1954.
Susce (the father) was a coach for the Kansas City A's (1955-1956), Milwaukee Braves (1958-1959), Louisville Colonels (1960), Washington Senators (1961-1967), Jacksonville Suns (1968), Senators again (1969-1971), and Texas Rangers (1972).